Welcome to the Volunteer Program at ASCMV!
Our Volunteer Program at ASCMV will allow you as a volunteer to support shelter staff in shelter operations and to aid us in providing quality care and enrichment to the animals residing in the shelter and at our off-site locations.
The Mission of the Animal Services Center of the Mesilla Valley is to provide safe shelter for all lost, mistreated, and abandoned animals of the Mesilla Valley and surrounding communities. ASCMV utilizes all avenues available to it in placing each animal into a safe, loving, and permanent home whenever possible. We strive to meet the highest standards of humane animal care to promote responsible pet ownership through public education and outreach.
Volunteer Opportunities at ASCMV
We are always looking for dedicated volunteers!
Our Volunteer Opportunities at ASCMV include:
▪ Dog Walkers
▪ Cat Caretakers
▪ Off-site Cat Caretakers for our cats residing at PetsBarn and Petco
▪ Office Greeters
▪ Weekend Off-site Adoption Event Assistants
▪ Laundry Attendants
▪ Photography Assistants
▪ Foster Families (please complete our Foster Application)
If you answer YES to the questions below, you have what it takes to be a volunteer at ASCMV!
Do you love animals?
Do you want to make a difference in your community?
Are you at least 18 years old or if you are under 18 years old do you have a parent/guardian that is willing to volunteer with you?
Do you have four hours or more a month for at least the next six months to commit to helping the animals and staff at ASCMV?
Do you have an email account that you access and monitor regularly?
Become a Volunteer at ASCMV!
1. Complete a Volunteer Application
2. Submit your application to 3551 Bataan Memorial West or you can scan and send your application to [email protected]
3. Your application will be reviewed by our volunteer coordinator, once approved you will receive an email with an invitation to ASCMV New Volunteer Orientation
4. After you attend orientation, our Volunteer Coordinator will work with you to set up additional training for volunteer opportunities you are interested in and from there we will get you scheduled to start volunteering at ASCMV!
If you have any questions or know anyone who would also like to volunteer with us, please let us know! Our Volunteer Coordinator Emily can be reached at 575-382-0018 or by email.