Welcome to the Volunteer Program at ASCMV!
The Mission of the Animal Services Center of the Mesilla Valley is to provide safe shelter for all lost, mistreated, and abandoned animals of the Mesilla Valley and surrounding communities. ASCMV utilizes all avenues available to it in placing each animal into a safe, loving, and permanent home whenever possible. We strive to meet the highest standards of humane animal care to promote responsible pet ownership through public education and outreach.
The Volunteer Program at the ASCMV will allow you as a volunteer to support shelter staff in shelter operations and to aid us in providing quality care and enrichment to the animals residing in the shelter and at our off-site locations.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to volunteer at the ASCMV and have a parent/guardian/sponsor over the age of 18 years old willing to volunteer with them while completing their volunteer work at the ASCMV.
We encourage our volunteers to commit to volunteering at the ASCMV for 4 hours a month for a minimum of 6 months. The ASCMV does offer short-term volunteer opportunities, but only as approved by the Volunteer Coordinator. The ASCMV is sometimes able to accommodate student volunteers, if you are a student volunteering for a work study, internship or work experience, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 575-382-0018 to discuss possible opportunities.
Volunteer Opportunities at ASCMV
We are always looking for dedicated volunteers!
Our Volunteer Opportunities at ASCMV include:
▪ Dog Walkers
▪ Cat Caretakers
▪ Off-site Cat Caretakers for our cats residing at PetsBarn and Petco
▪ Office Greeters
▪ Weekend Off-site Adoption Event Assistants
▪ Laundry Attendants
▪ Community Outreach
▪ Photography Assistants
▪ Foster Families (please complete our Foster Application)
Become a Volunteer at ASCMV!
1. Complete a Volunteer Application or Group Volunteer Application
2. Submit your application to 3551 Bataan Memorial West or you can scan and send your application here.
3. Your application will be reviewed by our volunteer coordinator, once approved you will receive an email with an invitation to ASCMV New Volunteer Orientation
4. After you complete the online ASCMV New Volunteer Orientation and attend a scheduled tour, our Volunteer Coordinator will work with you to set up additional training for volunteer opportunities you are interested in and from there we will get you scheduled to start volunteering at the ASCMV!
If you have any questions or know anyone who would also like to volunteer with us, please let us know!
Our Volunteer Coordinator can be reached at 575-382-0018 or by email.
If you are interested in fostering please contact us by email!